Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm Not Bald Yet



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="240" caption="Image by arjin j via Flickr"]Math problem M.2 (Grade 8) Thailand # Solution2[/caption]


I was planning on doing a wonderful blog on President Bush's new book, Decision Points. I was thinking informative. Captivating. Maybe some humor thrown in for good measure. Yep. It was all planned...in my mind.

Then life happened.

This is how my day actually went:

1. Overslept.

2. Almost tripped going to the bathroom.

3. The bathroom vent bird fluttered and carried on and scared me a little bit. (I'm thinking that a gang of small birds are finding their way into my family's attic. Either that or we've got bats in the belfry--and if you think for one red hot New York minute that I'm checking THAT out, well you've got another thing comin'. Because I know that bats are just little vampires in disguise.)

4. I was grinding my own coffee beans and managed to spill half of it on the counter while attempting to get it in the coffee pot. Okay. Trying this again.

5. I went grocery shopping and as I'm walking out of the store, loaded down with massive amounts of food and junk...it begins to rain and the wind blows and I'm shoveling stuff into the van, and did I mention it was raining and I didn't have my jacket on, and it was cold too. So, yeah. Bummer for me.

6. On the way home I listened to Rush Limbaugh. ( I know you either love him or hate him. I love him. Don't say anything nasty to me. To each their own, people.)

7. So as I'm listening I'm getting riled up....what is the deal with the TSA guys at the airport doing pat downs on people's crotches? I mean really, people. Is this what it's coming down to? Is everyone going to be molested at the airport now? Whether you are an 80 year old grandpa, or a 10 year old school girl? For the love of pete! I might have to blog about this subject later, after I've calmed down a bit.

8. I tried to feed the cats without the dogs eating their food. The dogs are crazy. But, I'm crazier.

9. I helped my son with his algebra assignment tonight. After an hour of mathematical torture we were both getting a bit slap happy.

10. This is when I started singing to him in the kitchen...a song I made up about algebra. It made absolutely no sense. And I'm okay with that.

It was either laugh or pull my hair out....and I kinda like my hair, so I laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment