Sunday, November 7, 2010

Take It Off!

 

[caption id="attachment_2638" align="alignnone" width="247" caption="Love This Hair Style"][/caption]

 

I'm wanting to take it off. Just be done with it. Who needs it anyway? That's right. I'm talking about my hair. I'm ready for a new look. Something different, daring, and fun. I've grown my hair out long enough. First of all my hair takes FOREVER to grow...and by the time I get it long enough, it starts to get dry and frizzy and I can't stand it. So, I'm taking the plunge.

I've been a fan of Meg Ryan for years. Her medium length, choppy bobs are a favorite. The picture above is one of my absolute favorite of her hair styles. I'm thinking that I will try for this look. I realize that I will not look as cute as she does (I wish!) but, hey it could still work for me. The hair is still long enough to pull back if I feel like it, yet still looks cute if I wear it down straight. Yep. This is the one.

Now, that I'm T-tapping on a near daily basis, eating better, and making sure to take my multi-vitamins/supplements...I feel like I should put some "zip" back into my look. And for those of you out there, that doubt me, a woman in her early 40's can still have "zip". Get back with me in a few more months and I'll prove it!

1. Getting a good hair cut, might not be life changing...but, it can feel like it!

2. Hair is a big deal.

3. That is why women are grumpy if they are having a bad hair day.

4. A woman's hair is her crowning glory.

5. A good stylist is worth every penny.

6. Even if a hair cut is not exactly what you wanted, or even down right bad, hair DOES grow back. Lesson learned.

7. A secret...I've cut my own hair before. Not often. But, I have done it.

8. I let my husband cut my hair before, too. He actually did a pretty good job.

9. I love being a blond.

10. Mousse and hair spray can be a girls best friend. As can barrettes and hair clips. Just sayin'.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said. EVERYTHING. And finding a good stylist who knows what to do with CURLY hair is not easy.

    When I met Hot Joe, my hair was long, and it's naturally curly. I went in for a trim once and that night we had plans for me to meet his friends. I asked, "Should I have it straightened?" he was horrified! "No! I want them to meet my curly-girl!!" THEN, about a year ago I got it cut. Eight inches. Up to my chin. He was so scared when I left and I asked him to just trust me. When I walked into the house, big curls all over the place, his jaw dropped. "Oh. My. Gosh. You are the cutest thing I have ever seen."

    The End. Can't wait to see how yours looks. I always wanted to be able to wear my hair like that, but alas I have too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it, Dawn!! I think I have mentioned once or twice that I think you should go shorter. Your hair style in college was cute!! I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cool! I think you would look great with that style. I have seen you in short hair and long and you look good in all of them! You are blessed that way. Can't wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete