Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Autumn.....

I love the Fall. I received one of my country magazines yesterday in the mail. It showed that Summer is winding down and Fall is right around the corner. I love this time of year. I always have! I was always the kid who couldn't wait for going back to school.....of course it wasn't so much for the academics as it was for wearing my new Fall sweaters, and attending Friday night football games! As a soccer mom, Fall brings a new season of soccer games and cheering from the sidelines. I love when the weather turns cool and one can start wearing thick, warm socks and heavy sweaters. I love warm apple pies, and pumpkin (anything, yum!) in the Fall. I love the smell of wood smoke in the air when people start using their fireplaces and wood stoves for another season. I love going to October fest or on long drives to see the leaves changing colors. Even when the sky turns a steely gray and the sun begins to set earlier--- I just love it! It's time for candles in the windows and warm throw blankets. I can't forget a nice hot mug of coffee or hot chocolate, and settling down with a good book in the evening. The other day I saw some geese flying overhead in a V. A sign that the season will soon be changing. (It's still hot here in the south, but I know it's coming....I know it's on it's way....I know Autumn will arrive before I know it!)
It's even more exciting this year because of our house being built. One more thing for me to love about the Fall. I know the Autumn weather will be a lot different in Ohio then it is here in Tennessee...but I'm fine with that. I'm ready. I'm excited. I'm waiting...........

1 comment:

  1. I loved this entry because I feel exactly the same way about Fall. I live in NorthEast Ohio, and I'm here to say that you will love Fall in Ohio....it's beautiful ! :)

    ReplyDelete