Monday, August 4, 2008

And Again!

The rogue woodpecker strikes again! This morning it was at 7:18am. Yesterday my sister sent me something that she read from the Audubon Society. Turns out that this isn't such as unusual thing. My male woodpecker is attempting to woo the ladies. Male woodpeckers will find the nearest thing around that makes the loudest noise to attract the females. Come to find out downspouts are often a first choice for their noisy pecking. I just happen to be the lucky female that gets to listen to it each day. Now, if I were a female woodpecker I'd probably find this feathery guy a real catch.....but unfortunately for him I just find him annoying. The article my sister read suggested putting something shiny in the area the male is attracted too. They don't like the shine, I guess, and go elsewhere. I've got some advertisement CD's in the mail. Maybe I'll go out on the deck and string up a couple of shiny CD's. MAYBE that will work. The lengths I will go to get this Romeo to stop........

No comments:

Post a Comment