Saturday, August 16, 2008

CAUTION!! You Have Entered The Kitchen

As most of my blog readers know, I am in the process of packing up the family's worldly possessions and with the help of my dear husband, hauling them up to Ohio. Now, I don't think packing is anyone's all time favorite thing to do---but I am really having a struggle. I am currently sitting at the kitchen table to blog. I have cookbooks and groceries piled up on either side of me. Yesterday afternoon I started cleaning what I could out of the kitchen....There is so much stuff that I think I could get lost in here and no one would know. They wouldn't be able to find me! While cleaning out cabinets I found some canned vegetables in the back that I'd say have probably been there since the turn of the century. The back of cabinets are scary places......normally I'm a fairly organized person, but I must have bought more cans of stuff thinking I didn't have any and they umm.......accumulated. I had to toss a lot of stuff because the cans were well past their expiration date. I also just want to say that I love Tupperware, but I truly believe that it multiplies! One thinks that she only has a few pieces of Tupperware, but then she gets to digging around in the storage cupboard and lo and behold there are at least 30 trillion pieces wedged in there. I'm not giving any of it away either. After all I might need that doo-hickey, thing a muh-bobber one day.

1 comment:

  1. Just dropped by from the homeschool lounge and wanted to say hi :o) Hope your move goes smoothly!!! My husband is military and so far we are at 10 years of marriage and in our 9th home....it's crazy :o) But the good part is we do clear out those expired cans a little more frequently then most ;o)

    ReplyDelete