Sunday, April 27, 2008

Uh Oh, Not Again!

This morning Scott and I got a call from the front desk of the Comfort Inn that we were staying at in Ohio. Our van window had been smashed and the van broken into! Can you believe it? The second time in just one month. It felt very de je'vu to me. I'm sure I looked very attractive standing outside in the parking lot at 7:30 in the morning with my bright colored pajamas on, no makeup  and my hair sticking out at bizarre angles. Whatever. I was in no mood.... and I hadn't even had any coffee yet. The hotel called the police so we could at least file a report. (and yes, for your information I did tell the young officer that my Arbonne samples had been stolen and that I was a consultant with said company. He obviously was a very intelligent young man and did not say one word about me selling makeup and skincare when I looked so "early morning" scary. Smart  man.)  Some low life had found a piece of concrete ( a broken part of a curb) and threw it through the drivers side window. The person then snatched the bag that had my Arbonne samples in it. What is it with people? This is the second time that my samples have been stolen. The only thing that made me smile was the thought of some stupid , drunk guy (coming out of the hotel bar after midnight) seeing what he thought was a purse he could steal only to have a huge disappointment when he finds out he snagged a bag full of ladies skincare products. Serves him right! This time nothing else was taken. (thank goodness!) BUT we still have to repair the broken window. We were leaving this morning to come back to Tennessee anyway....but now we had to make an unexpected trip to Walmart for some clear plastic and duct tape to temporarily patch up the window for the 6 hr. trip back home. What a pain! Can I just say that going 80 mph down the interstate highway (um....I mean 70mph uh....that's the speed limit, right?) is crazy without a window. The sound of the wind beating against the plastic is deafening. The family had to scream at each other to be heard over the wind. We had to have the plastic because for half the trip it rained....and I mean major storming going on. Great, that made for even more noise! Oh yes, and before leaving we also had to go to the car wash and use the super duper car vacuum to suck out all the ba-zillion glass shards all over the car. When the window got smashed it must have exploded like the A-bomb because there were pieces from one end of the van to the other. So, not only did we look like the Beverly Hillbillies with our plastic and duct taped van, screaming at each other to be heard over the turbo wind whipped plastic, but Scott and I also got cut on some glass shards we had accidently missed when vacuuming.

I just don't get some people. This crime was obviously a crime of convenience. Smash the window with a piece of concrete that happened to be loose on the curb. Grab (what he thought was) a purse. I mean who does that sort of thing? No conscience. That is what really bothers me. I guess I like to think the best about people so when this sort of thing happens it really gets to me. It's just so wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment