Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Star Light, Star Bright

I'm blogging from Ohio tonight. My family and I made the trip here today. Not to far in the future, west central Ohio will be our new home. Tomorrow my husband and I will be going around and talking to various people about our choices for things for the house. What kind of windows? Doors? Stains for our cabinets? What color will the trim be? There are so many decisions that need to be made. We are going to have such wonderful craftsmanship with the people that are building our house. It's very exciting.....even if building a house is a lot of work. Oh well, several months of house building craziness traded for many years of home owning enjoyment. It will be worth it.

When we were out tonight I was struck by the beauty of the night sky. Twinkling diamonds of light against a black velvet sky. I stood in the driveway for several minutes just taking it all in. There is something peaceful about being out in the country at night. I did tell Scott that these rural roads would take some getting used to...... No street names (just numbers), no street lights (unless you count the moon), and there are a lot of deer around so one must drive cautiously. I'm pretty sure I'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment