Monday, June 6, 2011

My eye

20/20 vision doesn't always mean perfect sight

I know this from experience...

So many days,

more days than I even care to admit...

I choose to walk, blind.

Macular degeneration

can turn into soul disintegration.

How many times do I

choose to walk through my days,

with eyes that see,

but with a heart that doesn't?

How many times do I purposely choose

to live in the shadows?

When there is joy all around me?

When the news of the day, or the difficulty of the moments

threaten to wipe out my vision

I cling to the ONLY ONE who can give me sight...

He gives me the ability to see that which truly matters.

 “Lord,” they answered, “we want our sight.”

  Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes. Immediately they received their sight and followed him. 

Matthew 20:33-34 NIV

****************

* sunny days in early summer

* remembering

*second chances

* driving back roads

* summer schedule

* evenings on the front porch

* knowing God is in control

* cool morning breezes after oppressive heat

* the name "Mama"

* my husband wanting us to be together

* enjoying each others company

* friendship

* farmers able to plant after a long, wet waiting period

* tractors with headlights in the night

* humming bird at the feeder

* flag blowing in the breeze

* bare feet

* a God that brings hope to the hopeless...

  and Jesus who gives sight to the blind

 

**********

Will you take a moment to share what you see?



No comments:

Post a Comment