Thursday, November 20, 2008

They Don't Make 'Em Like That Anymore

I just finished watching The Bishop's Wife. The 1947 movie starring Cary Grant, Loretta Young, and David Niven.  It is one of my favorite Christmas movies, along with White Christmas and Holiday Inn.

Hollywood just doesn't make good (as in timeless) movies anymore. Back then the men wore suits, the ladies wore pretty hats. Men treated the ladies like ladies and it wasn't unheard of to show husbands and wives loving each other, and families getting along. God is mentioned and it isn't in a derogatory manner. What a quaint idea by today's standards.

I enjoy watching the classics. The old black and white movies. The remakes are nice, but they are never as good as the real thing.

I love to watch Christmas movies.....and it is just getting ready to start! All the channels will have Christmas movies on. I can't wait! I'll spend several evenings over the next month, snuggled up in a blanket, maybe with some popcorn, watching the movies that make me smile and warm me ---no matter how cold it is outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment