Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So True...So True...

I am upset with the results of last nights election. My friend, Farrah, so eloquently wrote just what it is that I feel. I am going to share her words.

"Just because God works something out a certain way doesn't mean I need to be excited about it. If I see someone suffer, I'm not going to be happy about it even though I know it might be God's will. It might be punishment for sin. That's still not something to be happy about. Jesus wept. I can weep too. In the OT they asked for a king. God gave them a king and warned them of all the grief they would have. People wanted Obama and now they have him. We'll see how wonderful it is. I am tired of Christians trying to make me feel guilty for not rejoicing about the prospect of Obama winning. It doesn't mean I am not at peace or that I am not trusting God. I am sad for what might happen, but I know I have a home in heaven and that's what matters most. And I will certainly not stop praying for all of our government officials and our nation in general."

1 comment: