Friday, November 21, 2008

God Glitter

I know I've mentioned this before but I just can't help myself. The other night Scott and I (and the kids) had just gotten back from visiting in N.Y. We stopped by the house site in Ohio before going to the apartment. (I will be SO glad when we finally move, I'm tired of that little apt. and the traveling back and forth from our home in TN. to OH. Six hour drives seem VERY long!)

So anyway, I was standing outside. It was very cold and very crisp outside. Like freezing your ears and nose off kind of cold..... but I didn't care because I was completely mesmorized by the beautiful stars in the sky. I'm not kidding. I couldn't look away. I told Scott that I'd have moved out here just for this view at night. We are going to live in the country....no street lights....not many other houses.....It is really, really dark at night. When I stood out in what will be our front yard, I stared up into the heavens and it seemed to me that God had flung silver glitter as far as I could see. It was the most brilliant sight. All I could think about was, "Wow. Father Your work really is magnificant. Thank you so very much for this incredible beauty."

Living in the city for the past 16 years makes it difficult to really see the night sky. The lights interfere with truly being able to appreciate what is overhead. Ever since I was very young I've loved astronomy. I remember reading TIME magazine articles about scientist's latest discoveries. I'd pour over books about the planets and the solar system.....amazed by our Milky Way galaxy. I think for my birthday in the spring, I'm asking for a telescope. I'll spend many nights outside enjoying the night sky. That sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment