Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Robo-Girl

I was totally creeped out reading an article in a British newspaper this morning. The paper reported that scientists at a Japanese university have successfully created a VERY life like robotic girl. Japanese boffins from Tsukuba University developed the Hybrid Assistive Limb (HAL) suit using flexible silicon skin. I saw the video that was provided with the article. It was scary, because she did look so life like. Supposedly, this robot child is to be used to help the disabled...but it seems like something out of a Japanese horror film. Maybe it's just me, but if I wouldn't want something so human looking waiting on me. That is what is creepy...she looks human, but she is not. If we are going to have robots I'd just as soon they LOOK like robots. The company Cyberdyne Inc. is to start mass production on this robot later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment