Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dawn The Spider Slayer

For the past several days I've been working at packing our downstairs. It is a thankless job. Just me and cat....and he only comes down here because he's hungry and wants to use the litter box. So, it has pretty much been up to me to get the job done. I'm pretty proud of my progress if I do say so myself. (and I think I will) Packing and moving is not for the faint of heart.
Now keep in mind, the "downstairs" is the finished basement. That is all fine and dandy except for the fact that I do occasionally come across spiders. Now, we all know how I feel about spiders. Not my friends. Never will be. I'm sure God had His reasons for creating them. I just don't understand the reasoning. So what if the world was overrun with bugs because of no spiders?!
So, on with my story....I was downstairs going through stuff when WHAM!! out of nowhere and crawling very fast was a big brown spider. I could not let him get away only to have him pop out at me later. So I tracked him down. He was fast...but I was faster. He backed up....he knew what was coming. Squish. Hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, to protect herself from the evils of the arachnids. You can just call me Dawn the Spider Slayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment