Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Samson has us trained

Samson is one of our cats. He is a long haired cat with a lopsided ear. He is a blackish-brown color (depending on the light). The thing is this--he is most definitely a cat, but he truly believes he is human. What is really scary is that in the morning I'm the only one up (well, I should count Samson...he's always up when I'm up) and so I am TALKING to the cat while I fix my breakfast and fix the morning coffee. He looks at me and I believe he understands me. (What does that say about me? Either Samson is a very smart cat or I am so pitiful that I've taken to a Dr. Doolittle persona.) He really is a funny cat. He LOVES paper. Anytime there is paper on the floor ( and he is not picky) newspaper, textbooks, a W-mart bag, whatever... He goes and lays down on it. What is his love of paper all about? Just recently he has taken to patting the french doors off the kitchen. He wants out on the deck. I think he likes to watch the birds. Now all he does is sit and stare at one of us until we let him out on the deck. If that doesn't work he gives us a pitiful meow. Right now he is staring at me. I looked at him. He turned his head. Now he is ignoring me. I've been slighted. Fine!! You win. I'll get the door.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. He is my favorite cat EVER! And yes, he is quite human! He reminds me of "Grandpa" off of "The Munsters". ;) (Don't tell him I said that).

    ReplyDelete