Monday, November 5, 2007

No, I'm not a slacker!

I am not a slacker. Yes, it's 12:30 in the afternoon. Yes, I still have on the same clothes that I slept in. Oh, okay they happen to be slouchy sweat pants and a tee shirt. Yes, my hair looks like a bunch of hyperactive birds tried to make a nest in it....Give me a break! I'll have you know that I did brush my teeth and wash my face this morning. So there. I am not a lazy slacker! The REASON that I look like a scary character from Dawn of the Dead (get it? my name is Dawn I look like a zombie....Okay, already, I'll quit with the movie references) ANYWAY, the reason I look like this is because I've been busy. Yes, I said, busy! I have been frantically working on our trip to Ohio. Scott and I decided the other day that we should take a trip to Ohio to "look around". We would like to talk (in person) to the real estate agent that I've been emailing. We'd like to see what the area looks like, how close an ice rink, soccer, or horse clubs would be. We need to know the proximity of Wal-marts, Home Depots, Bookstores, and of course Coffee shops. (Hey, I don't know that I'd turn down a nice house because it wasn't close enough to coffee.....but I'd be tempted!!!) We also want to look at churches and hopefully attend a service. I'd like to talk with someone about home schooling laws in Ohio. Overall, we want to get the "feeling" for the place. So, I've been plotting our course on the Google maps (those are sooo cool!), talking to the real estate agent, and investigating places of interest while we are there. It is a lot of work---and I'm also still working with the kids on their school work! So as you can plainly see, in my defense, I am not a slacker. I instead am just a harried, hurried, and hectic mom and wife. It's almost 1 o'clock. Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment