I just read my friend's blog, over at Faith Barista. Bonnie was talking about De-Cluttering. It got me to thinking.
I have always been an organized person....an everything in its place, kind of a gal. I put things back after I use them, so I know where to find them for the next time.
And yet...... I have things that I don't need. Things I haven't looked at for a very long time. Why do I keep stuff? Why do I hold on tight to things that really don't matter?
Is it really comforting to keep things? Or is it a strangle hold?
Does relaxing my hand to let things go, bring peace? Peace... so that I can focus on the things that are truly important?
I believe it might be time for me to pare down---again. I've done it in the past, and to be honest with you it was extremely liberating. I can truly live on less, and still be happy.
I will admit it is not always easy. Watching television fuels the, "I have to have it" mentality. Turning off, "the junk, the possessions, the things" is a good lesson to learn.
Physically throwing out, or giving away stuff is good. It's also good to do a clean sweep of my schedule. What is truly important to me? What are the things I really want to do? Are my days so full that I can't breathe? Or am I able to relax and enjoy the moments? The ones that matter....
Cleaning up and clearing out!
- Looking For Cardboard Storage Boxes (thedirectorsector.com)
- The Basement is Alive with the Sound of De-Cluttering! (thesoundofmyownwheels.wordpress.com)
- Cardboard Recycling: What You Need to Know (1800recycling.com)
- How to declutter your home this year (cnn.com)
- Lady Times: De-Cluttered For Other People (unknowntheartist.wordpress.com)
- Cleaning up clutter challenge (dooles8658.wordpress.com)
- De-Cluttering My Life; My First Step In A Clutter-Free Direction (theefroggblogg.wordpress.com)
- How to Simplify Your Life in 10 Steps (workawesome.com)
- Spring Is Here, Time To DeClutter and Help Someone Too! (michellegilstrap.wordpress.com)
- Reduce the clutter, regain the sanity. (joyofspa.com)
- Fighting Clutter? Go Shelf By Shelf. (happiness-project.com)