Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Jingle Bells In July!

Okay, people. I confess. I've been going around the house singing Christmas carols this afternoon. Yes, I know it is July....and it feels like an inferno outside. The hottest day of summer so far and I'm dreaming of a white Christmas. Just so you know I do not  have heat stroke. I received my Christmas With Southern Living 2010 book today. What can I say? There is a God in Heaven and He sent me this book. I flung the book open as soon as I got back in the house with it. There in beautiful, living color was a picture of the most perfect chocolate chunk cheesecake I've ever seen. I could feel my blood sugar starting to rise just by staring at it. I had to wipe the drool off the book. It was a disgusting display on my part. I couldn't help it. It's an illness. Then, just as I'm gathering myself together--to at least some semblance of dignity, I flip the page and there it is......a hot mocha drink.  Will this insanity never stop??? If I keep looking at this book I will gain 900 lbs. just from the pictures. Then to make it even worse they have an entire chapter in this edition on a Tex-Mex Christmas. My all time favorite food, besides chocolate of course, is Mexican. Spicy Queso Dip? Mexican lasagna? Mexican Chocolate Bar Cookies With Bittersweet Chocolate Frosting? I think I am in love.

After looking at all the edible gifts in the back of the book....just so you know. If you are family or friends you WILL be getting edible gifts this year for Christmas. Sorry, to let you in on that already, but I've decided that I am not the only one that is going to weigh about a billion tons by the end of the year. I am spreading the love. And the calories. Enjoy.

I guess that is it for my blogging today. I've got a book to peruse. Plans to make. Slobber to clean up. After all I have my priorities.

1 comment:

  1. It is never too early to start dreaming of Christmas...i love it. dianntha

    ReplyDelete