Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Good Day

With all the craziness that is in the world.....sometimes it is nice to just get in your PJ's and fuzzy slippers, your old comfy robe and sip on a mug of hot chocolate. You know what I mean? Sometimes it is nice to just sit back and feel good about your life. Be thankful. The news is on at my house nearly 24/7. I consider myself fairly politically savvy. I can carry on a meaningful discussion about current events, and have been through my own personal trials in life. Things in this world aren't always perfect. Let's face it, most of the world is a mess! Yet, I have so much to be thankful for and I truly feel blessed. Sometimes I get in a thoughtful mood. Do I look like a supermodel? No. But I have pretty blond hair and a smile that I get lots of comments about. Is my husband Brad Pitt or Donald Trump? No. But he is a handsome guy and he makes a good living, and what's even better-- he loves me and is committed to our marriage and family. My kids aren't perfect, but they are good kids. I am proud of them. I have family that loves me...imperfections and all.
I have a house (and a new one on the way), plenty of food to eat, and money in the bank. Even more important then the physical things I have are the things one can't see---things that can only be felt with the heart.
My life is good and I am deeply grateful for all I have been blessed with.
Well, I'm going to go get that hot chocolate I was talking about.....and settle in for the night. My heart is full and my cup runneth over, and no I don't mean with hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment