Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Woodpeckers Peck Wood, Right?

We have a crazy woodpecker at our house. Instead of pecking at the trees which most NORMAL woodpeckers do, he pecks on our down spout on the corner of our house. Yes, you heard me. Our METAL downspout. It might not be so bad if it wasn't the corner of the house that has our bedroom in it. This is not a one time event. The bird has been doing this on and off for months..... and evidently woodpeckers are morning birds. The reason I know this is because he likes to attack the down spout around 6:30 to 7:00 in the morning. Who needs an alarm clock when you have Woody to wake you up? Did I mention it is a metal down spout? Well, let me say it again. Pecking on metal at 6:30 in the morning reminds me of a mini jack hammer. To make the whole situation even more pleasant the spout is of course hollow so the jack hammer sound echoes. So much fun. I spotted him on our next door neighbors tree the other day. I gave him a piece of my mind. He didn't appear to be distressed by my reprimanding. I turned on my heel and left in a huff......and he went back to his pecking.

No comments:

Post a Comment