Thursday, July 3, 2008

Snap, Crackle, Pop

Well, I went to the chiropractor two different times this week. I feel like I turned 40 and all the sudden I went down hill. What's next? Gray hair? Memory Loss?
Seriously, my lower back started hurting and Sunday morning it hurt so much that it nearly brought tears to my eyes. Scott said, "you are going to the chiropractor!" I wasn't going to argue.
My neck and upper spine will require several adjustments...I'm pretty out of whack. My lumbar region is a whole different story. First of all the chiropractor and I were looking at my X-rays and he told me that I have 6 lumbar vertebrae. That didn't mean a whole lot to me until he informs me that most people only have 5. A small percentage of us have a 6th. Yeah, that's me. It doesn't really do anything one way or the other, just weird. But would you expect anything less from me? Evidently, my bottom vertebrae has some issues. I might have some arthritis there in years to come. Good grief! I was planning on aging gracefully--I guess I forgot to give my body the memo.
I have to say though, that I really enjoyed the electrical stim on my back and the therapeutic massage. I was about to fall asleep during the massage...but thought better of it. It would have been extremely embarrassing to fall asleep and leave drool all over the face rest. Don't laugh! I think about those things:)

1 comment:

  1. What's life without a little drool? I don't know how I ended up here.....but I like the way you think. So, it appears you have found a new reader. God Bless, Mike.

    ReplyDelete