Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's Not Looking Good

Does anyone else wonder about all these husbands/boyfriends killing their wives/girlfriends? I watched another press conference this morning about the mother that was killed in Cary, N.C. The police aren't saying much, but it looks like it might be her husband that killed her. Now, he is still innocent until proven guilty....and really I hope he IS innocent. It's just too sad otherwise.
It seems like every month there are similar cases on the news. What is with that?
There are a lot of wonderful men out there. Loving fathers, faithful husbands, dedicated boyfriends...we need to hear more stories about them. There needs to be some balance. It seems like the ones that make the news are the horrible ones. I know it makes for more interesting news, but I for one would like to hear the stories that make my heart happy--at least some of the time. There ARE good men out there.
What makes these men (in the news) snap? Why do they think they can get away with it? How do they live with themselves? They've got to be sociopaths. Honestly. How else could someone go on with "life as usual"? Don't they have to realize that they will be caught? Maybe not right away, but eventually. It WILL happen. And I mean what are the excuses they use? My wife made me mad. I was tired of her. I didn't love her anymore. She wanted to leave me. She wanted the kids. All these things are sad and they hurt...but killing another human being? NO. There is no good reason in cases like this.
If, and I did say IF, this husband in N.C. killed his wife then he will be arrested. Tried. He will lose his two beautiful daughters, his job, his house, his freedom and spend the rest of his life in prison or even face the death penalty. Was it worth losing everything for?
Now this poor woman's life is over way too soon and she has a grieving family that is left behind. This whole thing never had to happen. This whole thing never should have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment