Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Neighborhood Under Siege

The trucks have moved in. They are barreling down the streets in my subdivision. No, this is not a war zone. It's the streets being repaved. Late yesterday afternoon they scraped all the old stuff off the street which made for a real smooth ride. NOT! This morning at 7am they started the paving. It is loud with all these trucks, it is hot and it stinks. What really gets me is that there was no notice that this was going to take place (before late yesterday) Scott and I got a phone call this morning, a little after 7, informing us that our van needed to be moved from in front of our house (parked on the street). If it wasn't moved it would be towed. Now, my question is this....if they didn't inform people ahead of time and no one had been here to move it and it got towed---who would have paid for that? We are allowed to park on the street--we never got notice of this from the city--so would the towing have been our expense? That doesn't sound right to me. While I'm at it, I have a doctors appt. this afternoon. I will have to leave here around 2 o'clock. Will that fresh asphalt (or whatever it is) be dried enough to drive on? Or am I going to end up with it all over my tires and have it thrown up on my car? I can't be trapped in my own house all day! I've got places to go. The whole thing is aggravating. UGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment