Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Barns of Central Ohio

Remember that movie from many years ago called THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY? It starred Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep.  Well, my idea has nothing really to do with that movie except that I am now busily taking pictures of barns. It was a real treat for Scott and I to go on drives and to snap pictures of history. I'm calling my photo collection, THE BARNS OF CENTRAL OHIO.

Since visiting in Ohio (and impatiently waiting for our house to be built) I have really enjoyed the rural scenery... There is nothing that says "rural America"  to me more then a barn.  I've seen old barns, faded barns, dilapidated barns, barns with messages painted on the roof, new metal barns, and barns with odd angles.  Each barn looks like it tells a story--and because of the age of some of these barns I bet they've "seen" a lot. How many generations have used these utilitarian buildings that stand as a symbol of the hard working rural Americans that use them?

My collection will be framed and put on display in my new house.  Not only am I proud that we are having our house built by local craftsmen that take pride in their work,  but I am also happy to be moving to a place where people are so friendly and helpful. God is good...and I'm thankful that He led us to this special place that we will soon be able to call home.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking out my blog. I went and looked at your barn blog too. I loved looking at all the different barns. It is amazing. You must be very proud when you get done restoring a barn. (I liked your "Restoring the family farm one barn at at time.) Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete