I've come up with a list of things that I want to work on for 2010. Things that I really WILL accomplish. REAL changes. Not just resolutions that I will forget about in 2 weeks.
1. I will show grace and forgiveness to my family. It is easy for me to get frustrated with my family members when they don't do things the way I think they should. I will remember that they are not perfect...and neither am I. Amen.
2. I will say I love you and give hugs to all my family members every day. Everyone needs to hear I love you. Three simple words, but they mean so much. Even to teenagers. (Sometimes it is they that need to hear it the most often.)
3. I will forgive myself for not having everything always under control. If I'm totally honest I will admit that most of the time things are not remotely under my control...I just fool myself into thinking that they are.
4. I'll commit to doing something each day that makes me smile. No matter how simple or how complicated. Joy is a choice.
5. I'll continue with my daily devotions, Bible reading and prayer. When a relationship is important to me, I make time for it.
6. I will reach out to people. Make new friends. Enjoy old friendships. Help others. Be real. Just be there.
7. Work on being healthier. Mind, body, and soul.
8. Have a creative outlet. Drama, art, writing....just for the pure fun of it.
9. Talk less. Listen more. (Oh Lord, help me to bite my tongue!)
10. Always give my best....whether it is cleaning my house, cooking dinner, or being a wife and mom. Whatever I do...do it to the best of my ability.