Friday, April 17, 2009

100 Things About Me

I have had a rough couple of days....nothing extremely serious....just very overwhelmed with the amounts of stuff I still need to get done around here in order to sell the house and move. It really is putting me over the edge, so to speak. So instead of any political drama today, or news headlines I've decided to take a more humorous approach for today's blog.
Something to make me smile....and I hope it makes you smile also.
100 Things That You Might Already Know About Me......Or Never Cared To Know But I'm Telling You Anyway.
1. I'm 40 years old.
2. My birthday is exactly one month from today.
3. I feel old.
4. But not ancient:)
5. I hate wearing pantyhose.
6. When I was 10 I accidentally tucked my church skirt into my pantyhose after using the rest room and walked into the church that way.
7. That hasn't happened since....that I am aware of.
8. I hate spiders.
9. I scream bloody murder if I see a big one....if they are small ones I scream too, but I smash them with a shoe.
10. I secretly think the brown spiders that live in my basement KNOW that I'm scared of them...and they laugh.
11. My favorite flavor of ice cream is chocolate peanut butter.
12. I would eat it every day if I could....but I don't want to weigh 900 lbs.
13. I was widowed at 32.
14. I was remarried at 37.
15. In between that time, I dated some interesting men. There are some strange men in this world...I'm just saying...
16.My favorite season is Autumn.
17.My favorite month is October.
18. I prefer cool weather over hot.
19. I don't like to sweat. I avoid sweating if I can.
20. I love to power walk.
21. I enjoy working out.
22. I don't work out much anymore because life is so crazy right now.
23. Because of this I have gotten "fluffy".
24. I don't want to be fluffy.
25. My goal for the coming year is to "fight the fluff".
26. I have really white, straight teeth.
27. I never wore braces.
28. People comment on my pretty teeth and smile.
29. I like to brush the old fashioned way...I don't like electric toothbrushes.
30. I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy in May of 1995.
31. I love him.
32. He is now a teenager.
33. I still love him....on most days:)
34. I gained another son and a daughter when I remarried.
35. I love them too.
36. They are stuck with me:)
37. When I got remarried I became a grandmother.
38. I'm still working through the therapy of being called grandma... when I'm still wondering when I'm going to grow up.
39.I love dogs.
40.I miss my dog, Buster. R.I.P
41.I tolerate cats.
42.They tolerate me too.
43.I had a mouse in my garage once.
44.I freaked out.
45.I caught it on a glue trap.
46.I couldn't kill it.
47.Calligraphy is a hobby of mine.
48. I'm pretty good at it.
49.The writing relaxes me.
50. I like to write.
51. I hope to write a book before I die.
52. Some family members think I'm crazy for blogging.
53. Who said I wasn't crazy?
54. Blogging is a lot cheaper then therapy.
55. I like to listen to talk radio.
56. Listening to conservative talk radio is also therapeutic.
57. I'm in the kitchen a lot.
58. Not because I want to be.
59. Only because I'd feel guilty if my family starved to death on account of me.
60. I am a Christian.
61. I accepted the Lord as my personal savior in May of 1979. Right before my 11th birthday.
62. Jesus saved me...I sure didn't deserve it.
63. Grace is a beautiful word.
64. My favorite words are epiphany and serendipity. They are just cool.
65. I am a known bibliophile....and no you can't be arrested for that:)
66.I love small town America.
67. I love reading books about small town America.
68. I love all the members of my family....even the crazy ones. Bless their hearts, they know who they are. (Are you wondering right now if I am talking about YOU?)
69. I have a thing for Toyota cars, trucks and minivans.
70. I'd drive a Toyota forever if I could....or at least until I'm so old they pry my license out of my hand.
71. Don't give me grief about foreign made cars. We all know most of the parts are made here anyway.
72. I've always been a camera ham. Ask any of my extended family.
73. I love my mom.
74. I think she is really smart, and has a quick wit. I think I got that from her. (and my teeth from dad)
75. I love my sister.
76. Even though I threatened her when we were growing up.....and just in case she tries to say that I told her she was adopted, or that I scared her, or I made her think she was going to die when she swallowed a penny....don't believe her. She is a liar:)
77. I love my husband.
78. He is a good man, except when he's being bad.
79. He puts up with me for which I am thankful.
80.I love hot chocolate.
81. I love coffee with lots of sugar and cream....or better yet iced coffee.
82. I love nachos.
83. I love 24.
84. I think Jack Bauer is the bomb.
85. I think Jack Bauer could save the world.
86. I think Jack Bauer should run for the presidency.
87. Maybe he will next season.
88. I prefer showers over baths....but that could change with our new whirlpool tub.
89. I love the country.
90. I am a star gazer.
91. I want a new telescope.
92. Lots of times people pronounce my name "Don" like a mans name. When I taught in Anderson County the vice principal's name was Don. Staff called us "He-Don" and "She-Don". Only in the South.
93. I've lived in Maryland, Tennessee, and soon to be Ohio.
94. I don't like to polish my finger nails.
95. I do like to polish my toe nails.
96. I was blond, then light brown and now I'm blond. I'll be blond when they put me in the casket. Just so you know.
97. I have a collection of winter scarves, and thick, colored socks. It's out of control.
98. I think I have a pretty good life....on most days, when I'm not PMS'ing.
99. I need my GPS to survive. I am directionally challenged.
100. I am too blessed to remain stressed. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm referring to #88. I have a balance between showers and baths since we bought our Steam Shower. It has a whirlpool tub and shower. But I think that I would take more baths if I didn't have the shower combination.

    ReplyDelete