Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Nanook Of The North

I know that whenever I'm up here in Ohio my blogs get a little sketchy. I usually don't have much time to blog because I'm busy "hanging out" with my husband over at our house site. Can I just tell you that it is crazy building a house in the winter in Ohio??? We don't have the heat yet and it's 20 degrees outside with 45 m.p.h gusts of wind. To say that it is cold is an understatement. Now, my readers in northern Michigan, or Canada are probably telling me to put a sock in it---that I don't have a clue about cold. Okay, already....I'm sure it could be colder but can I just say that when my extremities start turning blue and falling off that this is a sign that it is indeed cold?!
I had Scott take me to Walmart the other day to get a REAL hat. Not my cute knit girly hat that doesn't stay over my ears. I'm talkin' a warm, furry, insulated hat. Well, the women's section had NO real hats. Pretty, yes. Warm, no. So, off we trucked to the men's section. I don't care if I'm wearing a man hat as long as my ears are warm. I found a hat with furry ear flaps on it. It fit the bill. I'm all about having warm ears. I'm miserable if my ears are cold---so I don't really care if I look like Nanook of the North as long as I have toasty warm ears.
On a positive note...moving to Ohio will give me ample opportunity to wear all my nice warm sweaters. I love sweaters...and the truth is Tennessee never gave me a good chance to model my sweaters. It would be chilly in the morning and by afternoon I was boiling. Go figure. BUT here I will get my use out of my sweaters, I might even wear two sweaters at a time! (you know for that extra layering effect)
I've also come to truly appreciate hot liquids. Coffee, hot chocolate....something to warm hands and insides.
So, if you happen to ever be in Rushsylvania, Ohio in the winter and you see a lady wearing a furry ear flap hat, holding a hot chocolate.....that might just be me. Make sure to say hi....I might even share my hot chocolate with you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment