Monday, December 22, 2008

A Love Hate Relationship With A Store

Yes, I'm talking about Walmart AGAIN. I know Walmart makes excellent fodder for by blog. I can't help it there is always something going on at Walmart. The good, the bad, and often times the ugly.
I just got back to TN. from OH. yesterday evening. I was FORCED to go to Walmart today...well, if I expected my family to eat, or have any food "treats" for Christmas.
Now, today just a few short days until Christmas the store is like a bee hive. People everywhere...and I do mean everywhere! I had approximately 5 tons of food in my cart, and wouldn't you know I'd have the squeaky cart with the one wheel that wobbles?? I'm attempting to "drive" the cart without having a serious accident in the middle of the frozen food aisle. A rather large man was right in the middle of the aisle. He wasn't budging. (Hello!!) I couldn't get around him with my load of groceries in tow. For one split second I had an evil thought of rear ending him with my cart. I figured if I got enough momentum I could shove him clear into the fish sticks. Calm down. I didn't actually do it. I SAID it was only a brief, fleeting thought. I wonder if there is such a thing as grocery aisle rage?? Kind of like road rage, only with a grocery cart? If so, I might require some therapy.
After schelpping (I'm not sure how to spell that) all over the store I finally got to the check out. By this time I had worked up a sweat. (I still had on my winter coat and sweater--which if I had any sense I would have taken off in the store, the coat, not my sweater!) I'm slinging groceries on the conveyor belt just wanting to be done with it all when I realize that I forgot crackers!! I had the sharp cheddar cheese ball for snacking but no crackers. There was no way I was going back for them, I had already gotten to the finish line. Arrggghhh! I guess the family was just gonna have to eat the cheese straight up. This is so the story of my life. Just when I think I've got it all together....and Wham! I forget the crackers.
You know what this means don't you? I'm going to have to drag myself back to Walmart on a cracker run. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment