Monday, May 19, 2008

A Good "Kidnapping"

Wow, what a week I've had!  Sorry I haven't blogged in several days but I've been busy! Friday we went to my sisters house for an early birthday party for my son and me.  We had a nice dinner out at a local Mexican restaurant, where I (and my son Kendrick who has a birthday today) got to wear sombreros and be sung Happy Birthday to in Spanish.  (We looked um.....interesting.) The two of us then opened some gifts and enjoyed traditional cake and ice cream. I thought that would be the end of the celebration, but I was wrong. Unknown to me, my husband  along with our sly children, had  planned out a secret surprise for my 40th birthday.  Scott asked me if I wanted to go out for coffee, which is a favorite past time of ours....I said sure. After we got our coffee we were driving around town when I realized that we had been driving for a while.  Scott asked, "do you trust me?" I said "yes, of course". He replied, "good" and kept driving. I had absolutely no clue as to what was going on. That says a lot about me, doesn't it? I'm usually very observant, but this whole plan got totally by me. I had no idea what was up. A couple of hours later my husband and I are in Asheville, North Carolina. He had kidnapped me for a romantic getaway to the mountains. My suitcase had been packed by my son, my other son had distracted me while the suitcase had been put in the trunk, my daughter had never uttered a word about the scheme. Pretty sneaky on their part, huh?

The beautiful Biltmore Residences are nestled in the mountains of western North Carolina. Everything was wonderful from the large king size bed, to the jacuzzi tub, to the large flat screen TV's. That was all very nice, but the best part was the surprise of being there! It was very relaxing. The weather was gorgeous...... It was a great getaway and one I will always remember. My sweet (and sneaky) husband gave me an awesome 40th birthday gift. The gift of just being able to relax and enjoy without worry. I told him how much I loved and enjoyed my weekend spent with him. This will go down in my memory as one of the neatest birthdays ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment