Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Don't Play Hide and Seek With The Police

This afternoon an officer went to a house in my subdivision due to a burglar alarm going off. As he got there some men came around the side of the house and shot him in the chest. We heard sirens, but thought there had been an accident. We had no idea. I was gone for awhile this evening to an Arbonne party and when I got back 4 squad cars were in front of my house. One officer had an assault rifle he was carrying, another officer had his police dog with him. A police helicopter was flying overhead. The roads coming into the subdivision are blocked off. The corner market at the bottom of the hill has become a command post. I thought to myself, "Good Lord, is it the end of the world?" I rolled down my window and asked what was going on? I needed to get to my house--since the road was blocked could I get through? He told me about an officer being shot and they were looking for the suspects. When I finally got in the house, Scott told me that officers had gone through our yard and back into our woods behind the house....looking...... I can still hear the police helicopter flying back and forth even as I type this blog entry. This is totally creepy. According to the 11 o'clock news, they have 8 people in for questioning, but they can't call them suspects yet. Since I still hear the helicopter, I suspect the officers aren't satisfied that they have found the shooter. Whoever shot the officer (who is in critical condition and lost a lot of blood) is going to be tracked down....they'll find him. He can run, but he can't hide. Bad boys, Bad boys what 'cha gonna do, what 'cha gonna do when they come for you??????

Read the story from the local newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment