Friday, December 21, 2007

A Night At The Theatre

Kendrick and I had such a good time tonight on our "mom-date". After dinner we went to the Old Tennessee Theatre. It was recently remodeled to all it's glory. Wow is all I have to say. Kendrick and I walked into the foyer area after I picked our tickets up at the front window. Huge chandeliers, velvet drapes. It was built during the "gilded" age. Very ornate trim and paintings. Fifteen minutes before the movie started a man rose out of the orchestra pit in front of the stage. He was playing Christmas music on the mighty Wurlitzer organ. He did an excellent job and it was exciting...I mean who hears that kind of music anymore? It was a special treat. The movie was in black and white, and I really felt like the two of us were transported back in time to when going to the theatre was a big deal. It was an event. It was NOT like going to the movies today, when you can go to the mega-plex and squeeze in with half a million other people. As we left the theatre the staff handed out candy canes and wished us all a MERRY CHRISTMAS!! What an awesome evening we had. We walked through the downtown back to the parking lot. The city was quiet and there wasn't much traffic at 10 o'clock at night. It was just the best evening. I know Kendrick will remember this evening we spent together...and that is what really makes my heart happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment