Thursday, December 20, 2007

An Early Christmas

We are going to be traveling over the Christmas holidays so we decided to have the family Christmas celebration early at the Gibson household. The kids were all thrilled with their electronic gizmos and gadgets, clothes and toys. After opening presents they were all in their "virtual world" for a good part of the evening. I bought Scott a huge nail gun from Home Depot, it looks like something Arnold Swartzanegger would have used in his Terminator movie. (that is what he wanted! who am I to say anything about tastes in gifts?) He likes the tools, what can I say? He got me a Kitchen Aid mixer. It is pretty nice. Who am I kidding? This new model does everything but wash the windows and make the bed. It is quite something...of course I had a difficult time just getting the bowl off of the stand...obviously I will need some practice in using such a high tech kitchen device. (Just between you and me I think he has ulterior motives in buying me this gift.) He also bought me a paraffin wax basin that one dips their hands and feet in and it makes them soft. Very nice. Almost spa-like. I made sure to read the instructions carefully so as not to give myself 2nd and 3rd degree burns from hot wax while trying to beautify myself. That would not make for good Christmas pictures if I had to wear bandages from a hand treatment gone bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment