Friday, April 29, 2011

Weddings and Other Royal Things



[caption id="" align="alignright" width="240" caption="Image by JeanM1 via Flickr"]Kate and Wills[/caption]


Okay, people...I didn't get up at 4 am. I got up at 5:45 instead. I started watching when Catherine was riding in the car to the church. She looked beautiful.

Some people say, "Why the big hoopla about a wedding, across the ocean?" Because. Just because.

Because weddings are fun to watch.

Because there is tradition in a royal wedding.

Because I believe Kate and William really love each other.

Because it is fun.

Because it is like watching a story book wedding...come true.

So, yes.

I was up. I watched. I smiled. I enjoyed it.

It was a break from the normal day, to witness a special moment in time.

I watched Williams mother and father marry in 1981.

I was just 13 years old at the time, but I remember it.

I was up early that morning too.

Although, I am quite a bit older now...and this early morning event might call for a late afternoon nap.

Maybe for the next royal wedding, we could try for a late afternoon wedding? Say, around 4'ish?

It's just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment