Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Living Out What Easter Means

The Greatest Promise of God

"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, though he dies, yet shall he live."  John 11:25

How many of us have stood over a casket, looking down at one we loved?

Tears leaking down our cheeks...already missing the one that is gone.

The body so still. The breath has ceased. The lids now closed.

Burial. In the ground. Dirt covered.

And we weep.

And yet...

Jesus' words ring out in the darkness. The darkness of hopelessness. The darkness of fear. The darkness of death.

I am the resurrection.

and the life.  Alive again. Living. Breathing. In glory.

Jesus saith unto him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

He who believes in me, though he dies,

yet shall he live. Shall live. With Him. Forever. Real. Oh, so real.

No more heart hurt, no more rampant cancer, no more diseased body, no more accidents, no more shallow breathing, no more depression, no more pain, no more poor vision, no more sickness...

No more.

Believe in Me, Jesus whispers to our souls.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him, shall have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

Jesus says,

I have conquered death. I have taken your place.


It is finished. Words that echo through the ages.


How is Easter real to you? Not only on a Sunday in April...but, all year long?



No comments:

Post a Comment