Monday, August 17, 2009

Town Hall

I'm really fed up. I watch these town hall meetings and then afterwards I hear the media spin on them.  When did things change? Since when are we, as Americans, not allowed to voice our opinion? When did things change? When did the government officials decide that the people's opinion no longer mattered? When "Mr. Hope and Change" decided that it was HIS change that was acceptable, HIS hope that was the answer......He recently said, when asked about the town hall meetings, that we need to shut up and get out of the way. Isn't that what you get out of this statement?
"But I don't want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don't mind cleaning up after them, but don't do a lot of talking."

His buddy, Mrs. Pelosi, called us Nazis. Yet in her not so long ago past said in a speech that she loves dissenters. People that have an opinion and voice it. I guess she meant when people have the SAME opinion as she does.

Or what about Mrs.Clinton in her speech from, I believe, last year? She railed against any administration that would deny a person from voicing their opinion, even if it was not the same as that of the current administration. Gee whiz, do you think she still feels that way?

It would almost be comical the flip flopping that goes on with our government officials if it weren't so deadly serious....and with the way health care is headed, I mean that literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment