Monday, October 5, 2009

No Other god's Before ME

Someone I know posted this statement today--- "Every religion thinks that their's  is the only one that God listens too."  Well, this started a firestorm of comments, as you can imagine.  I added my comment under his entry as I just couldn't help myself.

I will agree that most religions of the world probably believe that they are each the one religion that God deems "the one" and agrees with them, listens to them, blesses them etc.etc. .......... BUT that is as far as my agreement goes. People can pretty much believe whatever they wish...it just doesn't make them right.

As a Christian I believe in the Holy Trinity. Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Each unique, and yet one. I believe Jesus Christ is the one and ONLY Son of God, who was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life while on Earth, died on the cross to redeem anyone that accepts His gift of salvation, and three days later  He rose again. I believe in salvation by grace alone and not through works.  Christ now sits at His Fathers side in Heaven and  He will one day come again.

I have noticed more and more as a society that people (in general) want to all come together, to unify under the things that those of different religions can agree on. They want to all gather under the umbrella of God's love.  Their philosophy is God is love, he wants us all to just get along. Put aside all the differences in our religions and let's just say we all believe in a "higher power" that wants peace and  love for everyone. Live however you want, because god forgives, he loves, he doesn't expect much from any of us.  It's all good.

Here is my take on it. As a Christian I believe in the Judeo-Christian God of the Bible.  The great ,I AM.  Does He love people? Yes! He has shown His love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.  God is long suffering and He forgives us of our sin if we only come to Him.

The thing about this whole "unity of religion" thing is this......the more people try to come together on the parts of their religion that is the same, the more watered down the truth becomes.....and I fear that will dilute the true message, until no one knows what the truth actually is anymore.

My God is a loving God. He shows His love to people every day. The very breath we take, the beauty of nature, the ability to think and reason. All gifts from God. His ultimate gift was eternal life through the substitutionary death (and resurrection) of His Son.

BUT God is more than just a God of love. He is HOLY and JUST.  He will NOT be mocked.  If  He watered Himself down so much to please everyone, to make everyone comfortable, than He wouldn't BE GOD.  GOD ALONE. GOD ABOVE ALL OTHERS.   He doesn't need to change or alter himself to make us feel better about ourselves.

The self centered gods of the new age where god is within each of us, or the wiccan mother earth, allah of Islam, or the multiple gods of Hindu. These are not the one true God.  The gods of science and "higher level thinking" are not the Almighty.  The gods of communist government that say "there is no such thing", don't know the Great Alpha and Omega. (the Beginning and the End)

I make no apologies as a follower of Christ/God. (I use God and Christ interchangeably because of the Trinity) Christianity is an inclusive religion in that ANYONE can come to the Father, through belief in Christ . Race, status, gender or age do not matter.  Christ came that ALL might  have eternal life.  BUT Christianity is exclusive because we believe in ONE God. He does not change with the times, He is not wishy washy or a feel good god. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

I know that there will probably be a lot of people who agree with me, many who don't, and many more whom I might downright anger. I apologize if my blog bothers anyone....but I will not apologize for my GOD.

1 comment: