Sunday, October 18, 2009

Creepy Crawly

Okay! I've had it!  The Fall weather has arrived and all things creepy crawly have decided to try and make my home their winter getaway.

Well, they can just forget it! I was in the laundry room the other day and lo and behold, right above the dryer was a BIG spider. Just sitting (do spiders sit?) there on the wall. I knew I could not let that thing live....but I had to make it a good shot or else he'd drop down behind the dryer and I wouldn't be able to get to him and he'd escape.  Then he could possibly pounce on me when I was in the laundry room innocently trying to get the clothes in the basket....and give me a screaming heart attack.  It is my personal opinion that spiders have a bigger brain then most people realize. I also think they have a memory and will seek revenge if given the chance.  This is why my smack with the tennis shoe (that happened to be laying in the floor) had to be spot on.  That furry little guy was going down!!!

BLAM!!!  I got him....but of course his guts left a nasty smear on my yellow laundry room walls. It was a price I was willing to pay. A little soap and water and straddling of the dryer and I took care of it.

We also have these little brown bugs. I have no idea what they are. They don't look like much more then a speck....and I wouldn't know the difference if I hadn't seen one of the "specks" move as I was staring at it one day. Can't do much but squish them. So, I do.  Maybe I'll kill off enough of them that they will be unable to procreate. Hey, I'm willing to take that responsibility on my shoulders.

Finally, the gnat infestation. We've had this problem on and off since the summer. Evidently, a lot of people around here have the gnat problem.  They are harmless but they get on my nerves. We use the zapper on them daily. Some bite the dust....others survive the Zap Master. I put vinegar and dish detergent out for them. I've caught hundreds of those little buggers with that cocktail of death.  BUT STILL they continue to harrass us at ever turn. They must reproduce like rabbits.  I've put some bleach water down the drains trying to kill any of them that are down there.  If anyone out there has any snappy ideas about how to rid a house of gnats, PUH-LEEZE let me know.....before I pull all my hair out......because wouldn't you feel guilty if you knew the secret for gnat extinction and yet didn't tell me---and then I went BALD??!!!   Just think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment