Friday, July 17, 2009

Who Is That Woman In The Mirror?

Okay. I admit it to the population at large.  I do color my hair. My childhood blonde started going dark in college and I didn't like it. (Nothing against you brunettes or redheads, just for me...I liked my blonde) It was around that time that Loreal and I became good buds. Well, last night I was staring at myself in the mirror as I have a tendancy to do. Not because I'm vain but because I think to myself,   "Lord have mercy. Girl you need some work."  Of course, I say this in the most loving, well intentioned way..... Well, to be honest I have not had the time nor the energy to properly maintain my lovely golden locks as of late. Lets just say that I need a touch up. Oh, Okay! Fine. I need an extreme makeover. As I was giving myself the once over last night I saw it.  A white hair. It stood out like a beacon in the night. It mocked me. I was appalled! I came in closer to do an intensive inspection of the crown area.  What? A couple more!  For the love of all that is good....what is happening to my hair???? That's it. I'm making a Walmart run. Tonight is color night and that is all there is to it.

Somewhere along the way something happened. How can this be? When did I get old? Where's my ball cap?!

1 comment:

  1. I really liked that post, I am a little puzzled, and have a small question. Can I send you an email?

    ReplyDelete