Monday, October 29, 2007

Interview with a Witch

With Halloween drawing near, a news show did an interview with a witch. I was watching this segment and looking at the lady-witch. Her physical appearance was normal. If I'd have run into her at Wal-mart I wouldn't have known. She didn't have on a black hat or a wart on her nose....but she was scary nonetheless. She is scary because she is so very lost and so very blinded to the Truth. She was adamant about explaining her "religion" of paganism. She worships mother and father earth. Honestly, when she said that I had a chill run down my spine and immediately the commandment, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" ran through my mind. As a Christian I serve the only God who is worthy of honor and praise. When I say that kind of thing it really puts a burr under some people's saddle. "That is so exclusive. You Christians think you are the only ones that are right. There are many ways to Heaven! What makes you think you have all the answers and the rest of us don't?" Because my Lord said, " I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE. NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER BUT BY ME." John 14:6

This is truly a scary story. When I worked in the elementary school, one of our students mom's was a self proclaimed witch. ( I assume she still is, as she was very much into the whole thing.) Anyway, this woman subbed at our school often. (public schools are not allowed to discriminate because someone calls herself a witch.) One day my teaching assistant was out sick and so the school office called this lady in to sub for her. She walked into my classroom and all I can say is I could feel an "aura" about her. I knew that she was carrying pure blackness around with her--even though it wasn't seen by the human eye. She told me that she was a "white witch" and that they were good. (good? how is that possible?) .....I prayed to myself that God would be with me and my students on that day and that a hedge of protection would be put around us. It was at that time that the verse from Ephesians 6:12 became real to me. "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (v.13-Therefore put on the full armor of God...so when that evil day comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.) At the end of the day, I went to the office and told the school secretary. "Please do not ever put that woman in my classroom again. I would rather be on my own without any help in my room than to have her as a sub." The secretary honored my request and I never had to work with this woman again....but she did sub for other teachers at my school.

No comments:

Post a Comment