Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday!

Friday October 19, 2007

It is around 9 am and we just started the school day. I’m not feeling all that great today. Not sick or anything like that, just blah. Maybe a little writing will get me in a better mood:) By the way, the tech support person emailed me late last night. She is having someone else look into my blog disappearance...I’m keeping my fingers crossed that all my entries will be found and I can save them. I know in the big scheme of things my blogs are not really all that important, but it is just really frustrating because it is sort of like a story about how my life has been over the past year and I didn’t want to lose that.

I saw on FOX news this morning the tornadoes and storms that passed through the south east yesterday. Good thing for us that east Tennessee didn’t really get hit by any big storms. (mostly west and middle Tn. got it.) That is always a little scary because around here some of the worst storms hit in the Fall. I must say that I’ve noticed Discovery channel has a new show about storm chasers. It comes on Wednesday nights at 10pm. I think it looks interesting, and might be something I would enjoy watching. For the most part (besides FOX news) I don’t watch a whole lot of TV. In my opinion TV has become boring or stupid or both. This is not to mention the slew of commercials that one is bombarded with every few minutes. Good grief!
Besides my regular “duties” around the house I do a lot of writing, and reading instead of TV watching. I also have “projects” that I’m currently working on. I’m not one who enjoys just sitting around. (though my husband tells me I should do a little more of that....it’s called relaxing. haha!)
Speaking of reading and books, the other day I received some of my new cook books in the mail. (I belong to a book club) One of them was entitled A CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS. Okay, so maybe the title gives it away. It’s all about chocolate desserts and the holidays. All I can say is YUM! Truth be known I could probably eat my way through the book and be quite happy. Of course, I’d weigh 900 lbs., but boy would I have a smile on my face!! (hehehe) Breanna and I sat at the kitchen table and ohhh’ed and ahhh’ed over the pictures. I could probably never make my desserts look that beautiful, but I would definitely have fun trying! Mentioning Christmas, can you believe it is only a couple of months away? I need to get on the ball. It will be here before I know it!
Well, I think that is all for now. Duty calls....in other words I have to go get the laundry out of the dryer.

1 comment:

  1. Dawn,
    We really do feel bad for you about your blog entries. I know a lot of people have read them and I did copy your poem to keep.
    The should have a back up of your site.

    Love, Dad Gibson

    ReplyDelete