Saturday, December 23, 2006

Saturday Morning

Where do the weeks go? It really does seem that the older I get the faster time moves. Why is that anyway? This year I'm really going to make a New Years resolution to slow down and make sure I keep things in perspective. I spend way too much time running around trying to fit everything in....and many times failing at the attempt. I need to slow down and enjoy the time I have. Who am I trying to impress anyway? My children need me now--soon enough they will be grown up and on their own. My husband needs me by his side not just as his wife, but as his friend. I'm sure people will think I'm nuts if I tell them I'm jumping off the wheel and slowing the pace and attempting to live a more simple, slower paced life. Not boring by any means, just more focused on the things in my life that truly matter.


My first husband died right after his 34th birthday from a terminal heart condition. One day we are living a normal life the next day we get his diagnosis. Life changed at that moment. Thirty-four is too young to die.  We had only been married for 8 years. We had a 5 year old son to raise. When he was dying he wasn't thinking of all those years he had worked...he was thinking of relationships and how important they are. That is what I want to remember from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment