Monday, December 4, 2006

Day Five

I guess I need to slow down and take some time to smell the roses so to speak. It seems like I am constantly on a treadmill, round and round I go....will it ever end? Even when I sit down I'm still mulling over all the things I need to accomplish before bedtime. I have a difficult time switching the nagging thoughts off. Another load of laundry, dinner to fix, papers to grade, straighten the house, I need to finish buying my Christmas gifts, and I'd like to spend some time with my husband and children....... I find myself tired most of the time. I need to keep proper perspective. My mom always used to tell me, "Remind yourself. Is this going to matter a day from now? A week from now? A year from now? Five years from now? Only spend time on the things that truly matter. Relationships are the most important thing." She's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment