Friday, April 9, 2010

Walk The Talk

YOU CAN TRUST GOD IN THE DARK, AS WELL AS IN THE LIGHT.

This is a line from my morning devotion. I sort of gave it a brief glance as I read over the rest of the text. Trust Him. True. Yep. All good. Oky-dokey.

(BAM!!! ) Hello. Are you with Me?

Yes, Lord. I just read my devotion this morning. Aren't you proud of me? Isn't that pleasing to You?

You can trust Me.

Why, I know that. I just said I read it. You are trustworthy. I get it.

I don't think you do.

What? Of course I do. After all You are God. You can do anything. I believe that.

Do you really?

Um...sure.

You do realize I know what you are thinking....and, I definitely know if you are lying to me. It does you no good. I know you, Dawn. I know your inmost thoughts. Everything is laid bare before me. I'm God and that is how I operate.

I know, it's just......well....

Yes?

It's just that sometimes I feel like you don't always care about the specifics of my life. God, life is hard sometimes--well, if we are being totally honest....most of the time. I get stressed and hurt, and sometimes angry and (gulp) sometimes I even get mad at You. I know I shouldn't but, I do. There, I admitted it.

I know you do. Let me tell you some things. Things I think you need to hear. Will you sit quietly for a few moments and listen, not just with your ears, but with your heart?

Okay. (turning off TV, putting away book, logging off g-mail, closing door) I'm ready.

First of all, I precisely created You. You, Dawn. I created your inmost being. I knit you together in your mother's womb. I knew you and loved you even before you took your first breath. There is nothing about you that I do not understand. I have never stopped loving you. You matter to me.

But Lord, You are the Master Creator. Why do you care about me? I have done nothing to deserve Your love.

I love You because I choose too. It is my very nature.

But, God sometimes when life is difficult and hard. Well, it seems like you must be busy with someone else and You forget that I am hurting. Lord, sometimes life just hurts. Some days I just don't feel very joyful.

I never forget. There are things that you will not understand on this side of Heaven. My ways are not your ways. My thoughts are not your thoughts. This does not mean I have forsaken you. Sometimes there is a lesson to be learned through difficult times, that you in your stubborn nature would not learn otherwise.

Okaaaay.......but, it's not easy. And Lord, do you really think I'm all that stubborn?

Yes. Yes, I do. This is a true fact.

I never said life was easy. Or always fair. You live in an imperfect world. One day that will all change...but, for now there is sorrow mixed in with the joy. Even in the midst of all that I have promised, and I DO NOT BREAK MY PROMISES, that I will NEVER leave you, nor forsake you. Remember that. That is very important. There are NO OTHER god's like me. I am THE BEGINNING AND THE END. I will not be mocked. And yet, I know each and every hair on your head....I call the very stars by name, and I know the hearts of all mankind. I love you.

So, I need to trust You. Always. I need to walk the walk. Not just talk the talk.

Yes. I, the eternal God am your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. You can rest in me. I don't get tired.

And I can trust you in the dark times and well as the light ones?

Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment