Sunday, April 25, 2010

Heaven On Earth

Sometimes we all just need to go to our "happy place".  Don't you have one? The place we go to when we are stressed out and we need a break from the hectic day. That place is different for all of us.  If we just close our eyes....we can see it....and it makes us smile. Every time. We breathe deeply and we remember.

For me it is Jackson Hole, Wyoming. At the base of the Teton Mountains. My family and I went on vacation there.  It was late Spring in the year 2001. I had lost my husband the year before, I was getting used to being a single mom, it was months before 9/11 happened and thus changing travel forever. Life for me was different then.  That place spoke to my soul. The "wild west" beauty of the valley framed against the most beautiful mountains I've ever seen. I didn't just see that area as a tourist...but, as a place that I tucked away in my heart. Maybe, it was because of where I was in life at that time, the struggles I had endured, but I felt like this was one of the closest visions I'd ever have of heaven here on earth.

When I'm having a rough day I think about this place. I can see it in my mind's eye. I can feel it in my heart.

Take a look at my heart. Scroll all the way down to see some of the pictures.

What is your place? Where are you the happiest? What place "speaks" to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment